In this short piece I want to take a quick look at how list building actually fits into the whole make money online things and why a lot of focus is on building a list in the first place.There are 2 things that are VERY CRUCIAL for your online success
They are TRAFFIC & TRAFFIC CONVERSION
Traffic – the people looking for the solution you are offering and
Traffic Conversion – getting the people to buy that solution from you.
It is known fact that people DO NOT always buy on their first visit to your sales page AND getting them in large numbers to your website will cost you money or time!You need to do the best you can with the traffic already arriving at your sales page or landing page.
I found list building to be the best way to CONVERT my traffic to buyers. Not slick sales copy but list building.
Building a relationship with your subscribers, finding out what they need help with, sourcing or creating it and then selling it or giving it away at no dollar cost.It is that simple. Implimentation though isn’t 🙂
I hope this somewhat explains why list building is important. I work on the basis that if you understand why you are doing something then you will be prepared to make it work. It works for me.
Anyway, here are the basic steps to building a profitable list. (I will deal with each one in detail in following posts.
1. The Right Mindset (contrary to what you may have heard you
won’t make money overnight!) Be prepared to work. It is also not about building a list and slamming that list with ‘buy me’ ‘buy me’ emails otherwise you will annoy your list and they will simply leave or ignore you.
2. Find a profitable niche and become an expert in it if you are not already one
(you might have to buy training or use your already gained skills for this).
3. Find out what the challenges in your niche are AND Create or Source solutions to address them in exchange for an email address so you can keep in touch OR create a low cost solution to build a buyers list. Buyers lists are somewhat more responsive than freebie subscriber list.
You want to create something that has value but is not the size of a phone book!
4. Write an email campaign (for relationship building and marketing). Don’t get bogged down wondering how often you need to send out emails. How many times do you call a friend? to tell them something exciting?
5. Build a list building website. Whoever comes to your squeeze page or opt in box can either join or leave. (Build a list step by step! shows how to do this).
6. Drive targeted traffic to your opt in box… You must have traffic to build your list and there are many sources available and they all convert differently. Some sources can cost a lot.
7. Ask your subscribers or customers what they are having problems with. (note their responses as this really is your next product).
8. Create the solution(s) from their responses.
9. Write sales copy for your new product. Basically explain why anyone should bother with your solution. Answer the top question people have in mind when faced with a buy decision. What’s in it for me?
Sell benefits not ‘hypnotic’ words or psychobabble.
10. Sell your product (solution) or give it away for free. Do it all again in a MASSIVE way and make profits!In fine I hope you can see where list building fits in to all this.In subsequent posts I will touch on each of the other areas.
I hope this piece has been useful.
Will D Kingshouse
In the meantime if you need further help building a list then grab this build a list step by step training at: